Joining our senior team and reporting directly to the directors, there is a real opportunity to put your expertise to practise with autonomy and support. You will inform strategic decisions in the direction and growth of the business.
To grow and further develop our digital marketing proposition, Pedro. This means developing the proposition, building the team and growing company revenues.
Purpose of the role
The Head of SEO/Digital Marketing is a senior strategic and client-facing role providing consultancy to our clients and direction to the Pedro team. To ensure that we, deliver digital marketing excellence, demonstrate ownership, provide solutions grounded in intelligence, and drive innovative thinking and solutions. To ensure that client expectations are exceeded, developing long-lasting client relationships and selling in additional services. keeping the team and clients up to date with all activity.
- Further develop the Pedro agency proposition, working collaboratively with the directors to agree requirements and in collaboration with the relevant sales and delivery teams.
- Line managing and performance managing the Pedro team (when in place).
- Managing key client accounts.
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns across SEO, Paid Search and Social Media.
- Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Reporting account management performance to the board
- Supporting the New Business function during the pitch process
- Resolving escalated client related problems
- Deliver added-value strategic consultancy and work closely with clients to deliver digital marketing campaigns and digital marketing services
- Understand the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business by staying abreast of their industry’s trends
- Proactively present new ideas, finding solutions to client’s business needs – contextualised through the monitoring of competitive activity/industry trends – and bringing fresh digital thinking and innovation
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams
- Translate client requirements into deliverable campaigns that convey the critical elements including objectives, strategies, target audience insights, background and executional considerations etc.
- Responsible for upholding excellence in delivery; defines and achieves KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring effective budget management and account profitability
- Assist with the new business process in collaboration with the senior management team, supporting key decisions and playing a crucial role in selling our credentials throughout the pitch process
- Work closely with the client to regularly review account performance, and to set objectives for continual improvement
- Manage client expectations and resolve client related problems
- Identify opportunities within existing client accounts and to propose, plan and pitch compelling ideas and strategies
- Be the single point of contact during the planning, implementation and optimisation of impactful insight-driven digital strategies
- Act as a liaison to, and conduit between, cross-functional delivery teams and external stakeholders
- Stays up to date on best practices, techniques and current trends on digital marketing and measurement
- Continually shares their knowledge with team members to enhance the collective knowledge
- Leverage insights to provide informed recommendations to clients for continual development
Team working and development
- Train and mentor more junior members of the team in digital marketing skills including SEO, paid search and social media
- To motivate and direct the team but to be equally hands-on where appropriate
- To create structures, and career plans, that will enable more junior members of the team to grow, succeed and be inspired
- To lead by example, from the way you conduct yourself as a senior member of staff, to the quality of the work you produce
- Provide the team with direction and input to ensure business and project goals are met
- Manage the relationship, deliverables and daily operations with multiple clients, appropriately setting client expectations, and improving processes
- Using a shared pool of resources (content, links, social), negotiate and plan with other groups to accomplish all project deliverables
- Serve as “SEO expert” for Elementary Digital’s service offering and also maintain industry expert level of knowledge for our clients
- Work with wider team to develop our digital marketing proposition
- Develop and conduct knowledge sharing activities for team, focusing on product and SME expertise
- Translate business requirements into an application and data deployment strategy
- Participate in weekly/monthly/quarterly client calls to gather general requirements, analyze marketing data and set strategies accordingly that coincide with client goals
- Provide formal and ad hoc reporting to senior internal and external personnel
- Handle client inquiries as they arise
- Develop online marketing strategies with wider team and campaign implementation plans
- End to end management of the campaign process from planning to delivery and reporting results
- Thought leader – actively research and provide advice to the wider team on SEO, Paid Search and Social Media best practice
- Runs and support training sessions, with a view to maximising opportunities to expand team skills and grow account sales
- Take a proactive role in promoting our brands, their work, identity and values
- Contribute to and support the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- 4+ years’ experience in a relevant role client managing digital projects and strategies
- Demonstrable track record of growing and maintaining long term client relationships
- Digital marketing knowledge, with the ability to translate technical challenges into human readable briefs
- Creative in your approach to problem solving and idea generation
- Highly commercial with strong strategic consultancy skills
- Pragmatic in your approach, balancing assertiveness and flexibility
- A strong leader with the skills and aptitude to develop, grow and motivate a team
- A clear and articulate communicator with the ability to simplify the complex
- Highly collaborative, yet with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Resourceful, curios, open minded and passionate, confident
- Confident in presenting to a c-suite
- Have a grasp commercial terms to ensure clients adhere to contract
What’s on Offer?
- Salary – competitive based on experience, enquire and find out!
- Pension – voluntary scheme
- Holiday – 20 days + your birthday + bank holidays + Christmas closure + 1 additional day per loyal service (up to five years)
- Equipment – Macbook Pro or equivalent PC, Fully Expensed iPhone
- Remote Working – primary remote working
- Personal development budgets