Voice Search Optimisation
Voice Search is taking over and changing the way we search. Were here to help you adapt your search marketing strategy to optimise for voice search. Now the time is to take action! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 4510237 to find out more.
What is Voice Search?
Voice Search is exactly what is says on the tin! It means searching with your voice rather typing through a search engine on your mobile, tablet or computer device. The experience is aimed at being a much faster and personalised journey for the user and their desired search.
There are a number of ways voice searches can be made through digital voice assistants such as Cortana, Siri, Google Assistant and Alexa along with home hub systems such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Optimising for Voice Search
In order to optimise voice search, it’s about making sure your website is detectable through more conversational queries. People search very differently when using their voice instead of typing of device, we look at the following key elements to help adapt your content:
- Optimising for micro moments where users need immediate and ready to use information
- There tends to be a lot more question based searches through voice search, this means adapting content or creating new content for ‘how to’ ‘what is’ etc
- Search queries in voice search tend to use ‘I’, again it means adapting to this to accommodate searches like ‘can i ..’ or ‘do i…’
- Ensuring your optimising site for localised queries such as ‘near me’, e.g. ‘plumbers near me’
How can we help with Voice Search?
In order to help you make the changes to optimise for voice search on your site, we offer a number of different services, these include:
- Keyword research into voice search queries. Understanding exactly how people search for your business through voice. This includes both a brand and non-brand query audit so you have full visibility.
- Featured Snippet optimisation. Featured snippets are growing daily as voice search grows, we help adapt your content to get more placements in these snippets.
- Structured Data Mark-up. This helps voice assistants understand exactly what content to return from a given query. This is a particularly useful for question and answer based content. We can help implement this on your site
- Mobile Friendly. Ensure the site is mobile friendly and user ready for voice search
- Optimisation for local and Google My Business listings
- Monthly reporting through the different voice search platforms to understand how your performing
Want help with voice search?
If you want to find out more about voice search or want some assistance adapting with the change. Email our SEO team email@example.com or call 0113 4510237. We provide a full range of SEO services from initial technical assistance to providing full scale content marketing plans.